Note: This policy is subject to change at any time. Please check all SRS Concierge Policies on a regular basis for updates.
StudentRoomStay Concierge (SRS Concierge) offers Students the option to hold their room while they go on holiday. This means a Students may keep their belongings in their designated room and pay 50% of the normal Homestay Fee. Room Holding guarantees no other Students will stay in the room while the Student is away. The Host must agree to accept room holding rates while the Student is away.
The following rules apply to the Room Holding Policy:
1. The Student must be away for a minimum of 10 consecutive days.
2. The Student must notify SRS Concierge and their Host of their holiday plans at least two weeks prior to departure. Room Holding Fees will not be offered after the date of departure if notice has not been given.
3. The Student must pay any applicable Room Holding Fees plus two weeks of normal weekly Homestay Fees before the date of departure.
4. The Student can leave their belongings in the room and it will not be used by the Host for other purposes.
5. The room will be held for the period agreed to prior to the Student’s departure.
6. The Student must notify SRS Concierge and the Host if there are any changes to their scheduled return date. SRS Concierge requires seven days’ notice of such changes and any additional fees will be charged to the Student accordingly.
7. As per the SRS Concierge Refund Policy, the Student must provide SRS Concierge and their Host with a minimum of two weeks’ written notice if they intend to move out of homestay.
8. If the Student has not arrived back at the homestay by the scheduled return date and no contact has been made with the Host or SRS Concierge, SRS Concierge will attempt to contact the Student using the contact details listed on their Profile. If SRS Concierge is unable to reach the Student and their payment has lapsed (i.e. they have no paid nights left for their homestay placement), SRS Concierge reserves the right to organize for the Host to pack up the Student’s belongings and remove them from the home.
9. If the Student does not pay the Room Holding Fee, all belongings must be removed from the Host’s home. If the Student requires homestay on their return, they will be required to pay a new Matching Fee and 4 weeks of Homestay Fees to SRS Concierge.
10. SRS Concierge cannot guarantee the same Host will be available on the Student’s return if Room Holding Fees are not paid.
Updated August 15, 2020