Note: This policy is subject to change at any time. Please check all SRS Concierge Policies on a regular basis for updates.
StudentRoomStay Concierge (SRS Concierge) offers Students the option to have their belongings stored at the host family home. This means a Students may keep their packed belongings at the host family home stored in an agreed upon location at the host family home and pay $50 per week.The Host must agree to accept the storage fee rates while the Student is away.
The following rules apply to the Storage Policy:
1. The Student must be away for a minimum of 45 consecutive days.
2. The Student must notify SRS Concierge and their Host of their departure plans at least two weeks prior to departure. Storage fees will not be offered after the date of departure if notice has not been given.
3. The Student must pay any applicable Storage Fees plus two weeks of normal weekly Homestay Fees before the date of departure.
4. The Student must pack up all belongings in boxes or suitcases.Items should not be left unboxed. All boxes and suitcases must be stored in a location agreed upon with the host such as a closet, garage, or corner of a designated room.
5. The storage fee is not a Room Holding fee.The storage fee does not guarantee the room will be held for the Student’s return or that the room will not be utilized by the host for other Students or purposes.
6. The Student must notify SRS Concierge and the Host if there are any changes to their scheduled return date. SRS Concierge requires seven days’ notice of such changes and any additional fees will be charged to the Student accordingly.
7. As per the SRS Concierge Refund Policy, the Student must provide SRS Concierge and their Host with a minimum of two weeks’ written notice if they intend to move belongings out of the homestay.
8. If the Student has not arrived back at the homestay to receive their belongings or to restart their homestay placement by the scheduled return date and no contact has been made with the Host or SRS Concierge, SRS Concierge will attempt to contact the Student using the contact details listed on their Profile. If SRS Concierge is unable to reach the Student and their payment has lapsed (i.e. they have no paid nights left for their homestay placement), SRS Concierge reserves the right to arrange for the Host to remove them from the home.
9. If the Student does not pay the Storage Fee, all belongings must be removed from the Host’s home.
10. SRS Concierge and the host family are not responsible for any lost, damaged or stolen property.
Updated August 15, 2020